One-Chance Attacks: Port Harcourt Residents Demand Urgent Security Action

One-Chance Attacks: Port Harcourt Residents Demand Urgent Security Action

Heavy rain no fit stop Port Harcourt residents from coming out on Saturday to protest the alleged rise of “one-chance” attacks for the city. Instead of staying indoors to watch rain beat roof, protesters reportedly brave the weather to demand better road security and protection for commuters. The demonstration involved residents, including people who say dem don survive commercial-vehicle attacks, and the protesters marched from Boro Camp Junction towards the Rivers State Government House and Rivers State Police Command headquarters.

On One Chance Attack Protest Rise As Residents Demand Safer Transport

The message from the protesters simple: “Make person fit enter bus without turning the journey into prayer meeting.” Dem want authorities to step up security, improve monitoring of commercial vehicles and protect people who depend on public transport every day. The protest comes after months of growing concern about alleged one-chance incidents in Port Harcourt, with residents saying ordinary movement around the city should not become a daily security gamble.

And this matter no be only social-media gist. Reports in recent months have documented alleged attacks and arrests linked to one-chance operations, while the Rivers Police Command has said it is intensifying operations against different forms of violent crime. The police also previously reaffirmed restrictions on tricycle movement from 10 p.m. as part of efforts to tackle one-chance robbery, kidnapping and related crimes.

On One Chance Attack Commercial Bus Become Question Paper With No Correct Answer

For commuters, the real wahala be say entering a commercial vehicle can sometimes come with plenty questions: Who be the driver? Who be the conductor? Where exactly the vehicle dey go? And why everybody inside suddenly dey behave like say dem know each other since primary school? Authorities and transport stakeholders have therefore been pushing identification and registration measures. The Commercial Drivers Welfare Association said it had begun comprehensive registration of drivers and vehicles, while Rivers bus conductors also announced plans for uniforms to make legitimate operators easier to identify.

Security experts have equally argued that tackling one-chance crime requires more than occasional arrests. They have called for a traceable transport system, proper documentation of vehicles and operators, recognised motor parks and stronger cooperation between transport unions and security agencies. In other words, Port Harcourt residents appear to be asking for a system where commuters no longer have to conduct their own detective work before boarding a bus.

For now, the rain may have soaked clothes, shoes and protest placards, but the residents’ message appears difficult to wash away: Port Harcourt people want safer roads and stronger protection from alleged one-chance attacks. As authorities respond to the demands and investigations into reported incidents continue, commuters and residents should watch out for further developments, because OGM News Pidgin go continue to follow the matter and bring una una the next update.


Discover more from OGM News NG

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Discover more from OGM News NG

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading